Get in touch with the FEniCS community, discuss your issues and share your knowledge with other users, and hook up with developers to contribute to the future development of FEniCS.
If you need help with using FEniCS, ask your question in the FEniCS Q&A Forum. If you have a specific question related to obtaining, building or installing a FEniCS component, please send a message to the FEniCS support mailing list. If you would like to discuss FEniCS development or propose a new feature, please send a message to the FEniCS developer mailing list.
Before posting your question, please consider the following points:
- Search the forum to check that your question has not been answered before.
- Formulate your question carefully. If we cannot understand your question, we probably cannot help you.
- Prepare a complete, but minimal code example demonstrating the problem. No one wants to read through your complex application code.
- Please help out in answering questions from other users.
- Tag your question appropriately.
If you encounter something you suspect is a bug, please file an issue for the appropriate FEniCS component on Bitbucket. In particular, for reporting bugs in the FEniCS user interface, visit the DOLFIN issues page. As above, post complete but minimal code examples.
Developer forum (Slack)
We encourage users to take active part in developing and documenting FEniCS. As an active developer, it is easy to influence the direction and focus of the project. To contribute to FEniCS development, engage with other developers on the FEniCS Slack channels. The FEniCS source code is hosted on Bitbucket.